Saturday, December 19, 2009

First time, long time

Readers have been commenting that Whiskey, Texas seems to have fallen by the wayside recently. I'll admit I have been remiss in not keeping the blog current; I've been lacking a certain motivation to continue posting, and I've been preoccupied with other outlets for my creativity. But I don't want to leave anyone hangin'... let's bring you up to speed on what the kids and I have been doing.

Anime Fest: Labor Day weekend

I've been cosplaying as the wrong character; Near's the one who gets all the ladies...

M never has trouble making new friends at a con.

Over Labor Day weekend, we attended the Anime Fest convention at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Dallas. Smaller but more intimate than the massive A-Kon which we attended in June, Anime Fest featured cosplay events, art exhibits, workshops, and round-the-clock screenings of anime shows and movies.

M cosplayed again as Near, much to the delight of many DeathNote fans who remembered him from A-Kon.


Gender bending: two girls dressed as two guys (Mello and Matt from DeathNote)

The confrontation: Near settles the score with his rival

Cosplay photo shoot

Recession sale

Near has pissed off Mello one too many times...

L and her friend MV were around there somewhere, but I didn't see them enough to get any photos. And yes, I cosplayed as well... the Speed Racer gear remained on the shelf this time around in favor of a new character. Alas, no photos... I didn't manage to get any that I liked. But I'll resurrect the role at a future con, so stay tuned.

In October, I had a week of vacation and took a trip to Kasas City, with an extensive agenda of photography and sightseeing along the way. Trip reports will begin soon. In the meantime, here's a preview...

Church signs, ghost signs, fall colors, trains, and a meeting with buZ blurr. Check back soon for trip reports...

WSC

np: Beastie Boys - "Girls"

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home