Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Playing with Photoshop

... ok, Paint Shop Pro, actually... anyway, I've been doing some b&w conversions of a few digital shots I've taken (in color) during the past few years. First of all, kids, this has nothing to do with converting a color image to Grayscale. It takes a little more work to produce an image that at least resembles a finely toned black and white print. Some of my results were more successful than others; these are just a few examples. Anyway, enjoy... and let me know what you think.

Taken on a cloudy summer day in northern Oklahoma in 2006. (I was riding the Avard Subdivision with our track inspector and we had to set off to allow this eastbound train to pass). I feel that the b&w conversion "saved" this image... I liked the composition, but the color version was dull and flat. Now it's a work of "art".

New Mexico Rail Runner - near Isleta, NM - November 2008

Empty grain train leaving Amarillo - November 2008

Southbound at sunset - UP Choctaw Sub near Argyle, TX

Westbound vehicle train at Sandcut, CA - October 2007.

Freight car monikers - fall / winter 2008

WSC

np: Fugazi - "Waiting room"

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Perspective RAD said...

There is something "homey" about train art.. love your work.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home