Sunday, January 04, 2009

endings... and beginnings

More from November: Finishing up a project that ended up being more long-term than I intended... and starting another trip...

Twice in late October, I attempted to get a silhouette shot of a train on the Choctaw Sub near Argyle at dusk.... but got skunked both times due to lack of traffic. The day after we got back from New Mexico, I finally logged a "mission accomplished"...

3rd time's the charm... southbound grain on the Choctaw Sub near Argyle on November 9.

I decided to take a short out-of-town trip back to west Texas on November 12/13 to attempt a few shots I'd been wanting to do for a while. As with most of my trips, the results were mixed... here are a few highlights.

On the UP Baird Sub between Ranger and Weatherford on Nov. 12. I hiked in about a mile east from the east switch at Tiffin...

I found some nice scenery, some fall color, and plenty of curves... but no trains...

... except for this eastbound, heading the wrong way for the photo I wanted. Maybe next time...


First United Pentecostal Church sign on crumbling wall - Ranger

Coming next: a morning between Slaton and Post, and an afternoon around Colorado City.

WSC

np: Jesus & Mary Chain - "Just like honey"

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home