Monday, December 01, 2008

Fall colors and more

Tuesday, November 4 in the Albuquerque area...

Spectacular fall color near the Rio Grande in Los Lunas.

A close-up of the cottonwood leaves.

My morning got off to a rocky start when I discovered I had a flat tire. I've had that Toyota for 4 1/2 years and this is the first flat I've ever had to change! And on a set of new tires, yet! But in less than an hour, I was good to go.

Miss C. and I enjoyed lunch at Blake's Lotaburger in Los Lunas while Discount Tire patched up my flat...

Later, we explored Albuquerque's downtown area...

Kress 5-10-25 cent Store

Kress storefront, downtown Albuquerque.


Later, we set up near Isleta to photograph the late afternoon RailRunner to Belen (see previous entry). Then we headed to Belen for some dinner before we continued on to Ruidoso.


On tv when we arrived in Ruidoso... the election returns. (Yes, I voted -- a couple weeks early, since I knew I'd be out of town on Election Day.) Even though I wasn't an Obama supporter, it was hard to ignore -- and be less than a little awed by -- the historical significance of his election. I probably won't support ALL of the changes the Obama Administration will bring to America... but at least we didn't elect Hillary.

Up next... two days in Ruidoso. Stay tuned...

WSC

np: Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions - "Charlotte"

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger -blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

THANK YOU, Lord Jesus. We didn't re-elect evil Hillary (while she's only a mortal, she's a HUGE supporter of the ghastly process of infanticide. Yikes) --- If the following isn’t too relevant, that’s poifectly understandable; yet, Christ the King is always relevant if thou knowest where thou goest --- Read the signs of the times (between the lines) and know God’s a concrete, coherent reality (check-out ‘Lui et moi’ by Gabriel Bossis, too)! GOD BLESSA YOUSE -Fr. Sarducci, SNL

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home