Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hard Amarillo highway

"I ain't got no blood in my veins, I just got them four lanes of hard Amarillo highway" - Terry Allen

US Highway 60 - between Canyon and Hereford

Cowboy Motel - on old Route 66 in Amarillo

Zoot Suits / Tuxedo Rentals - Amarillo

irony in Bovina


Someone should tell her to stay off the tracks... ;-)

Stay tuned for more. Coming next... a gallery of grain elevators.

WSC

np: ESPN College GameDay - Texas Tech vs Oklahoma preview

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger DS said...

In 1971, I sat down at the counter in a coffee shop in Amarillo one morning for breakfast. The woman behind the counter took a long look at me, made note of my long hair and refused to serve me.

I haven't been back, although I carry no grudge.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Whiskey said...

These days that probably wouldn't happen... they'd just think you were a railroader! ;-)

WSC

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home