Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Whiskey, Texas redux

We take a break from our crumbling economy to bring you a blog update... and remind you to check out my "Signs of Religion" blog: http://signsofreligion.blogspot.com

A sign of the times in Joshua, TX. October 5, 2008.

Time to play a little catch-up... I didn't shoot many photos during the month of August or the first half of September. Apart from the New Braunfels trip, I haven't done much traveling lately. And I've been preoccupied with a number of situations.

My family and most of my friends are aware of the biggest of those "situations", but more distant friends and casual acquaintances might not be. Around the first of the year, a number of issues surfaced regarding my marriage with K. In the months that followed, as the two of us discussed those issues, it became obvious that we would not be able to resolve our differences or save the marriage.

In May, K filed for divorce. In July, I moved out of the house and into an apartment, and we put the house up for sale. Our divorce was final by the end of August. The process was neither easy nor enjoyable, but it could have been a lot worse. Neither of us wanted to see things get ugly or to make things difficult or unpleasant for the other -- or for the kids -- and we definitely didn't feel like fattening the wallets of any attorneys while we hammered out the details.

So there it is -- "long story short". That's about as much information as I feel comfortable sharing in a public forum. K and the kids and I are all doing as well as can be expected... I've been keeping the kids with me at my apartment during my rest days and K has them the remainder of the time.

Being single again after a 15-year relationship (11 years of marriage, plus 4 years of exclusive dating) has taken some getting used to -- it's a situation I never expected to find myself in -- but I'm doing ok. I've recently started dating again, and I might even share a story or two about those experiences... so stay tuned. Oh, and I've lost about 30 pounds since this whole thing started. I wouldn't recommend a divorce as the ideal method of weight loss, but it seems to have worked out o.k. for me. Well, that plus a few long-overdue changes in my eating habits...

Check back soon for some train photos, Dallas Cowboys reviews, live music re-caps, church signs, monikers, and more...

WSC

np: the Hangdogs - "Good night, Texas"

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Arizona Mark said...

I am sorry to hear about the recent changes in your life. I can only offer some advice that I have found to be true,"When one door closes in your life, another will open."

I look forward to more postings by you and believe that myself and your other blog readers will be here for you.

So let's talk about Whataburger and In N Out Burger. (As you know Arizona is the only state that has both!)

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home