Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ghost signs - Sweetwater, TX

Another cool thing about ghost signs is that they give me something to focus my camera on when trains aren't around. Not only that... I've found that photographing ghost signs allows me to take a more casual "snapshot" approach to my photography. I don't obsess about shadows or light or spending 10 minutes getting the "perfect" composition. Sometimes, I'll just slow the truck down and fire a shot out the window. I snapped these photos during a quick break in the rail activity in Sweetwater a couple Sundays ago.

Auto Parts Co.

JM Radford Grocery Co.

Al's Cafe

Kinsey Printing

Sweetwater Sash and Door

Sweetwater Steel & Supply Co.

Next up... local stuff from Fort Worth

WSC

np: Mark Davis & Hal Jay - WBAP morning show

nr: John Steinbeck - East of Eden

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home