Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ghost signs - Fort Worth Stockyards I

beverages, cigars, and hotels

On Monday, I took a trip down to the Fort Worth Stockyards and found a small gold-mine of "ghost signs" (fading ads, names of long-closed businesses, etc) on the exterior walls of the neighborhood's many brick buildings. Here is a sampling...


Miller ghost ad - North Main St. Fort Worth Stockyards


A Dr. Pepper ad lurks in the shadow of a fire escape beneath a crumbling stucco wall on North Main St.

Royal Crown ad on North Main St.


This Owl Cigar ad was among the more interesting of my discoveries on Monday. It's located on West Exchange St.



Llano Hotel


Stage Coach Hotel - 2408 1/2 N. Main St.


??? Hotel on North Main St.

Enjoy; I'll post a second batch of Stockyard "ghost ads" soon.
WSC
np: Silversun Pickups - "Lazy Eye"
nr: Ayn Rand - The Fountainhead

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I live in Dallas and I also collect Ghost Signs.
If you'd like to see my collection sometime, drop me a line at: terry75115@yahoo.com.
Maybe we can share.

Terry

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home